2.02.2013

Portal 1 Ending Rant

Hey there everyone! I have just finished the first of the two Portal games. However, I found that it didn't have as big of an impact on me as the second one did. The ending wasn't as liberating and profound as the second one. It just didn't get the point across. I feel that since they didn't really support the ending with cinematic music it took away from the ambiance of the ending. The cake wasn't presented in a way that felt like I accomplished something. You know what I mean? Well, it just didn't feel the same. However, the length of the first game surprised me. It was very short, if I didn't take breaks I could have finished the game in one sitting. That's okay I guess, I was still satisfied by the first game though. No complaints there. I felt that the blood affects were a bit much. It certainly added to the creepiness of the scenario of the "hunted down test subject" and I'm all for a bit of realism, I was just surprised by seeing it for the first time. The second one didn't use blood when Chell got shot. All in all, it was a humble beginning to the ever growing popular game Portal 2. I love it and it deserves all the awards there are. So overall in the game of Portal 1, and yes I know I'm all over the place but I just have too much to say to structure this paragraph so you are getting a sort of conversation with the real me :-), I loved what they did. However, I don't really know where the producers of a short trailer for the movie got the idea of ninjas. (?) They made it also seem like there were people in the Aperture laboratories. There were no people, the place was deserted. That's another thing about the first game. Why were there no people? Did the turrets take over the world yet or is that not until the second game? I have no idea!!!!! Well anyway, I'm super excited about these games. I wish I was Chell and a test subject. In a way its a but scary to be in her situation but I just want to feel like her and actually hold a real portal gun!!! Eeeek! I know its so cool! (super nerd here) How do you feel? Please tell me, I want to know. Tell me there are people out there who feel the same as me! I am just so in love with this game. I want to be Chell! (I wont go that far of course) But I have the aperture top and orange pants. My friend is getting the Portal gun, he is a totally cool geek like me, and I have a ton of jewelry like friendship cube earrings and turret necklaces. So this concludes a crazy post of my Portal discussion. Tune in later for my next rant on how great this game is!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind and make the typewriter fly!