8.16.2012

Skateboarding!

Hey everyone. I have just taken up skateboarding and hope to be able to successfully street skateboard by the first day of school. I had a lesson with a professional skater who is helping me achieve my goal. It isn't easy as can be but it isn't as hard as learning another language. So far I can coast and i am currently reviewing how to turn by constantly "popping" the front of my board so that I can make sharp turns. This takes time but I am confident that i will be able to learn the basics of skateboarding by my next lesson at the near beginning of the school year. :-)


FYI  If you know that you will like skateboarding don't buy a Walmart skateboard like I did! It is terrible and actually makes learning it harder and may even discourage you because you may think that it is you. Hey, I get frustrated a lot, but when I had that lesson, and I used my teachers skateboard, it was noticeable different. So don't worry, try things out and don't get discouraged.

Neat fact:
 If you push off with your left foot. Its considered a trick. (can't remember the name ) I naturally push off with my left foot. It is actually rare for a person to do that. I'm not sure why but it is. So if you do that, just know that you are unique in one more way. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind and make the typewriter fly!